Thursday, May 13, 2010

Back in America...

After an incredible 3.5 months, I'm back in the USA...and missing Cameroon a lot. Nebraska is fairly boring at the moment, since my two friends from Lincoln are still at school and my brother is mostly interested in his computer. Playing with the dogs is fun, but doesn't quite provide full-day entertainment.

Some things I miss right now:

-plantain chips and egg sandwiches
-coki (bean cake)
-crazy taxi drivers
-my host families
-makossa music blasting in the streets
-Cameroonian men dancing
-drinking "33"s and Mutzig beers
-my American friends

Things I DON'T miss:

-men constantly hassling me in the streets
-mosquitoes

I'm already looking on the Fulbright and Watson websites, trying to find a way to get back to Cameroon after graduation.

1 comment:

  1. Things I missed:
    --you

    Things I don't miss:
    --worrying about where you are

    ReplyDelete